I am in a styling rut!… well truthfully its on purpose, I have been loving my wash and go’s and workouts and IÂ haven’tÂ had any ‘work’ that required me to get all dressed up. hubby and I are moving from our old store location to a new one, and it has been a crazy ride, moving boxes, merchandise and fixtures. Its been nothing but sweat pants and buns for me.
I was reading blackgirlwithlonghair and there was a post that had 7 ways to get out of a styling rut. I thought the post was cool and worth a reblog-
1. Modify hairstyles that you love
- This suggestion I love because I have tried many styles by just modyifiyng it just a little to fit my style and needs (sidebar # I really wish I could cornrow sometimes)
2. Go to the Salon
- Ummmm I have ‘fear of salon’ syndrome, but I do want to visit one of the salons in the NYC area like Ouidad or Devachan – my hair could use some shaping
3. Build an inspiration board
- I concur
4. Do the opposite of what you normally do
- I am feenin for color!.. O M GEE I reaaaally want to bleach, darken… something … IÂ don’tÂ think I would do a second bigchop but you never know.. Knowing more about my hair now allows me the freedom to chop, grow, do whatever Â and still keep my goal of healthy hair.
5. Start out as a copycat
6. Cheat with heat
- I need the patience – I think a need to go to a salon to get this done
7. Go for extensions
- I would try it..Â