The Curly girl Tag was created by CelDrea and it is mostly for YouTubers but I thought it would be fun to do it myself on my blog!
So here goes
CURLY GIRL questions:
1. What inspired you to go natural or wear your hair curly?
I would have to say Curly Nikki inspired me! In my hair story I lost the middle of my hair from a bad perm that was left on my hair too long. I looked for a very long time for a solution and thought about going natural but had no idea how I was going to do it. When I finally found Curly Nikki I was like.. well Damn! I think her hair kinda looks like mine if I wore it curly.
Â I think we are pretty close, but even more so ..we both have very very fine hair and every single product she had suggested on her blog at the time worked for me..
(-She is still my all time Fav curly hair guru, but since discovering your tube and forums and groups I have a ton more! 🙂
2. Who are your favorite curly hair idols?
hmmm I have a bunch but here are a few:
3. Which You Tube curly would you trade curls with for a day?
4. If you could have only one product for a year, which product would you chose?
I think I would pick- Cantu Shea Butter (I think!.. one is not enough!)
5. If you could change one thing about your curls what would it be?
The middle of my hair… It is still one of the most troublesome areas.. I have to ensure that I pay close attention for breakage and splits back there.
6. What’s the craziest thing you’ve tried on your “natural hair journey”?
I don’t think I have tried anything too crazy, just the regular stuff.. like Color and even then it was just black! I thought henna was crazy when I firstÂ got it done.. my head wasÂ soooooo heavy!
7. What’s your secret ingredient that your curls LOVE the most?
Protein – any product that has hydrolysed proteins as one of the ingredients my hair loves it!.. weirdness
8. If you could merge two brands of products to make your perfect product, which two would it be?
Shea Moisture with Shea Moisture – I do not use alot of brands *shrugs shoulders*
9. What is your go-to hair style when you’re in a rush?
Wash and Go Bun or plain Wash and Go
10. If your curly hair had a name, what would it be and why?
Emily of course!